6 Business Sales Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
It is possible to achieve success in selling your business without having a great sales personality. Learn how to make great sales by reading through the list below of some of the most common sales mistakes, and the ways in which these mistakes can be avoided.
1. When you are with a prospective customer, make sure that you are fully focused so that you can answer all questions they put to you, and you are not distracted by issues with the day-to-day running of the business which may be happening concurrently.
2. Build rapport with your customers. Many business owners forget that customer relationships are very important.
3. Also, remember to follow up. Don’t treat failed sales as no-sales because there is a chance that they may have not acquired enough information about what you can offer them.
4. When you make the sales pitch you need to know all the ins and outs of what you’re selling.
5. Learn not to lose sight of your goal, which is completing the actual sale. When a potential customer indicates that they are interested, up the ante and attempt to close the deal.
6. After the customer has indicated that they intend to make you an offer, do not continue discussing the property, unless they have further specific questions. You have already attained your goal, and you don’t want to unwittingly mention something that will make them change their mind.